· Place 4 cubed chicken breasts in a dish.
· Add 2 red peppers, cut into wedges
· 1 tablespoon of chopped mint
· ½ tablespoon of sultanas
· ½-pint chicken stock
· 45ml orange juice
· One tin tomato with onions and peppers
· 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon, ground coriander
· Salt and pepper, to taste.
Place a lid on top and cook on high for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through and adding 1 x 410g tin chickpeas. Serve with herby couscous or rice.
Mixed Bean and Pesto Soup
- Chop 1 courgette, 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 onion, 1 leek and 1 clove garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir.
- Cook on high for 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Add 1 x 410g tin tomatoes,
- 3 teaspoons pesto,
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée,
- 3/4 tin mixed beans and
- 1 ½ pints vegetable stock.
- Cook for 3 minutes and season.
Celery and Ham Gratin
Drain two tins celery hearts and cut lengthways to make eight, wrap each in one slice of ham and put into an oven dish.
Mix a 350g pot of cheese sauce with 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a splash of wine and salt and pepper.
Microwave on high until piping hot, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with 250g grated cheese and brown under the grill, no grill try using a chef’s blow torch
Chicken Liver Paté with Fresh Thyme
- Mix ½ an onion (Chopped) in a glass bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes; add 400 grams of chicken livers, 2 cloves garlic, chopped, and 2 sprigs thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high, stirring
- Cool slightly and add 1 x tablespoon of sherry and seasoning.
- Blend until smooth and turn into a bowl.
- Decorate with fresh bay leaves and chill.
Fusilli with Salmon, Baby Tomatoes and Capers
- Cook 170 grams of fusilli in a large bowl of salted water on high for 10 minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Cut 2 salmon fillets into strips and cook on high for 2½ minutes.
Add the salmon to the pasta and stir in 170 grams of halved baby tomatoes, 3 teaspoons of capers, ½ pot crème fraîche, 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley and seasoning.
- Cook 1 chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for 2 minutes on high.
- Add 1 pepper, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 100 grams sliced smoked sausage
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 100 grams prawns.
- Stir in a ½ pint of stock
- 1 good pinch of oregano
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 2 teaspoons tomato purée and seasoning
- Cover and cook on high for approximately 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Garnish with lots chopped parsley.